"The One That Really Does Stay On!"
While strap on, shock-cord type bow bumpers may look convenient they
just don’t do the job of protecting the bow when they fall off or fall
down below the rail. The Optiparts bumpers, when installed correctly,
will stay put and do their job!
1. Put foam insert over lip of bow (do not remove tape from foam) and
stretch cover evenly over foam.
2. Drill a 5/32” hole through radius of rail about 1.5” behind end of
cover on each side (take care not to plunge drill bit through hull
3. Thread adjusting line through holes on each side. Pull line
extremely tight and go through top grommet, back through hole in rail
then through bottom grommet.
4. Frap (wrap) the end of the line around the “V” created by the
lacing with half hitches that will draw the bumper even tighter (and
make it look nice!).
5. Take care to pull bottom as well as top tight for a long lasting
McLaughlin Boat Works, World
Champion Boatbuilder For Over 40 Years.